Recently, Luxury Brands released several Noodler’s inks to the U.S. market that were previously exclusive to other countries. The names may be a bit exotic, but the colors are vivid and varied.
- Rachmaninoff is a very bright, intense pink. Grab your sunglasses to look at this one.
- Empire Red is a toned down blue-red. When a bright red would overpower, this more subtle color will do.
- Mata Hari’s Cordial is a dark mid-range purple. It says purple, but doesn’t shout it.
- Upper Ganges Blue leans teal though not overly so and could be considered all-purpose.
- Socrates is a violet that has a slightly dusky quality to it. Not muted exactly, but a step removed from bright.
My Noodler’s Standard Flex pen is courting Mata Hari and Socrates for its next fill so it must be in the mood for purple. If it were up to me, Upper Ganges would get the call, but sometimes it’s best to let the pen do the choosing. Keeps them happy and productive when the pen and ink don’t fight each other.
Currently, Pen Chalet offers all of these inks except Empire Red. So that would be a good place to start if these colors intrigue you.