After a month of attempts to photograph her, this little lady finally decided to pose for me. The feather detail in the enlarged image turned out well and will provide a good range of colors for ink and watercolor matching.
Archive for the ‘Musings’ Category
Inks and pens pay homage to the color of the month. The shamrock provided inspiration for the range of greens in the swatches, but as usual, J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage and Diamine Emerald fill my pens. The former is a clear green while the latter is muted and very easy on the eyes. Lierre Sauvage is in an Esterbrook Deluxe with a 9128 flex nib and Emerald is in the Parker ’51’ for some very smooth writing on Clairefontaine paper.
Serenaded by the chipper songs of finches and sparrows and the excitement of rambunctious March winds, this should be a very inspired month.
You know them. The usual four-letter words that add color to emotional moments. I live with young adults and hear them frequently, so much so that most have lost their impact, though they seem to carry over great distances punctuating sentences in premature locations. Ear buds are my defense unless of course the word is directed at me.
I’d like to nominate two more words to the four-letter category: work and life. They aren’t as colorful, but can be said in much the same way. This past week had many such moments. A two-day weekend has been insufficient to recover. Looking forward to a good week as it is only fair that cosmic scales should restore balance for it is unlikely to come from any other source.
One of these days I’ll get over my love of orange, but not today.
I’m not the only one either. Amazing orange ink swatches.
Now that the year is over, a brief recap is in order. I had hoped to adopt a canine companion, but finding a rescue that wouldn’t trigger allergies proved illusive. However, my collection of tools expanded with some new favorites.
- Platinum #3776 Century Nice and Nice Pur since they are clearly brilliant.
- Conklin Duragraph Stub for a well-priced wide nib with character.
- Noodler’s General of the Armies because I love blue-green ink.
- Iroshizuku kon-peki for an all-purpose blue.
- J. Herbin Orange Indien since I’m a sucker for orange.
- Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu when only evergreen will do.
- Tomoe River Paper for fountain pens and even a dab of watercolor.
- Clairefontaine for it’s variety of formats and fountain pen friendly paper.
- Stillman & Birn for watercolor and art journals.
A big thank you to Exaclair, Stillman & Birn, Luxury Brands USA, Jet Pens, and Paper for Fountain Pens for sending so many wonderful products to enjoy and review. Without your generosity, Inkophile couldn’t exist.