First Take On A Few Products12/24/2016
Busy, busy, busy here, but still moving forward on a few reviews. First take on several products:
- Stillman & Birn Sketchbooks with soft covers are as good as it gets especially for those with arthritis and other hand issues.
- Pilot MR Metropolitan 1.0 Calligraphy nib is an italic that proved to be a dry writer with Noodler’s Dostoyevsky. Will try either Pilot Blue-Black or an Iroshizuku next to see if either improves performance.
- Lamy Studio Fine arrived with two very visible body flaws. Then I removed the cap to discover the edge of the barrel that meets the cap is ridiculously sharp and jagged. So much for quality control.
- Coccoina adhesive smells like marzipan and is delightful to use.
- Silver Brush Monaco Travel Case is somewhat large, but will hold eight brushes plus lots of additional tools. Looks durable, too.
There are at least a dozen inks to review along with several brands of paper plus two Fountain Pen Revolution flex models. The next few months are going to be very busy indeed.