That’s A Wrap For 201312/29/2013
Some items new for 2013 along with favorites from years past:
- Writing ink – Noodler’s Purple Martin, Squeteague, Beaver, Black, Tiananmen and Black Swan in Australian Roses. Diamine Mediterranean Blue, Vermilion and Emerald. Iroshizuku syo-ro, Sailor Sky High and Stipula Verde Muschiato.
- Drawing ink – Noodler’s Lexington Gray and Kiowa Pecan
- Round nib fountain pen – Platinum #3776 Century Chartres Blue B
- Stock stub or italic exotic nib – Platinum #3776 music nib
- Stock flexible nib – Namiki Falcon SF
- Custom stub or italic – Levenger True Writer Masuyama stub
- Brush pen – Pilot “New Brush in Character”
- Writing paper – Tomoe River
- Doodle journal/notebook – Stillman & Birn Epsilon Sketchbook
- Most beautiful journal/notebook – Paperblanks Silver Filigree in Maya Blue
- Paper for lists at my desk – Anything from Rhodia
- Watercolor brush – Isabey 8234 Petit Gris Squirrel Quill Mop #0 and #2, Daniel Smith 44-08 Kolinksky Sable #3 and #5
- Watercolor tube paint – Winson & Newton Scarlet Lake, Cobalt Violet, Permanent Rose and DS Green Gold
- Watercolor pan paint – Jackson’s Genuine Carmine and French Ultramarine Blue
- Watercolor line – Tie between Daniel Smith and Winsor & Newton tube paints but currently exploring Jackson’s Pan Watercolors
Watercolor brush – Isabey 8234 Petit Gris Squirrel Quill Mop #0 and #2, Daniel Smith 44-08 Kolinksky Sable #3 and #5
Watercolor tube paint – WN Scarlet Lake, Cobalt Violet, Permanent Rose and DS Green Gold
Watercolor pan paint – Jackson’s Genuine Carmine, French Ultramarine Blue
So that’s what’s on my list. What made it to yours?
Note: Reviews of Tomoe River paper, Paperblanks journals and Jackson’s Watercolors are in the works.
Historical Note: In 1884 Lewis Waterman developed the fountain pen. He took 10 years to perfect his invention.