On My Desk To Start The New Year01/01/2013
A neat desk is a good way to start the new year. I reckon I will have to wait until 2014 for that bit of holiday joy.
The top section of my list comprises only the pen related items.
- 14 pens including three Platinum #3776 pens at various stages of testing, three Levenger True Writers and a Namiki Falcon B nib filled with Noodler’s Inks for testing, four Lamys and a Kaweco Sport filled with inks from previous tests, and two pens that are in regular rotation, a True Writer Cursive Italic and a Pelikan M215 Cursive Italic.
- The inks in those pens are Platinum Pigment Blue, Diamine Sepia, Noodler’s Golden Brown, Tiananmen, Beaver, Purple Martin, Australian Roses, 54th Mass., Q’E-ternity, Air-Corp BBk, Ottoman Azure, plus Montblanc Racing Green, and Kaweco BBk.
- An Apica 6A10 Note Book, a Daycraft Signature 2013 Diary, various Rhodia pads, several Staples sugarcane spiral notebooks, Stillman & Birn Journals, an Exacompta Sketchbook, Staples notebook paper, and a couple of legal pads.
Then there is all the stuff that is not fountain pen related.
- Two Autopoint mechanical pencils and assorted erasers
- Pentel Pocket Brush Pen
- Two Chinese seals and a bottle of Chinese ink for painting
- One magnifying loupe
- One 6″ jade statue
- A container of watercolor brushes and two Altoid-sized boxes filled with pans of watercolor paint
- A container of drawing pencils and Sharpies
- Six bottles of hand lotion (Well, a girl has to have options.)
- One roll-on bottle of Life TIME Stopain Topical Analgesic
- Minolta E-323 camera
- Small TV, cable box, laptop-sized keyboard, mouse, and a large computer monitor that dominates the whole affair
- Clock radio and a phone
- One LED and one standard bulb flashlight
- Three pairs of glasses
You should see what else it holds. Or maybe not. No need to traumatize you neat and tidy people.