On My Desk – 2008/09/2709/27/2008
Variety makes life interesting so now that summer is over, my desk is back to it’s old tricks, collecting pens and cluttering this tiny piece of real estate. There are a number of additional pens inked but they are in a drawer ready to produce a spot of color where needed. Really, isn’t nine at one time enough?
- Lamy Al-Star EF with Diamine Teal
- Lamy Al-Star EF with Pilot Iroshizuku Syo-ro
- Lamy Al-Star EF with Sailor Red-Brown
- Levenger True Writer with Diamine Golden Brown
- Pilot Socrates F with Diamine Kelly Green
- Pilot Namiki Falcon SF with Herbin Larmes de Cassis
- Platinum Pocket Pen F with Platinum Black cartridge
- Sailor 1911 F with Herbin Vert Empire
- Sailor Sapporo F with Noodler’s Legal Lapis
My paper supply rarely changes consisting of HP Inkjet 24#, HP Laser Jet #32, Rhodia lined pads, Exacompta Black Block and an Apica 6A10 Notebook as a daily journal. My “To Do” list goes in a Notebound 7 in x 5 in spiral notebook. The size allows for plenty of notes but still easily fits in my handbag. These notebooks are available in markets, pharmacies and office supply chains but the paper is too inconsistent to recommend. Good stuff is good but the bad is useless for fountain pens demonstrating excessive feathering and bleed through. It’s great for pencils or roller balls if you are willing to compromise.