Sometimes the inks in my rotation do a little ink dance in my daily journal. The steps consist of the ink name plus a doodle that shows the ink color to good advantage.
My most recent ink and pen duos were chosen at random and include a few favorites plus several inks that warranted testing in pens different from their last outings. None of those former couples were wedded but rather suffered ill-fated flings. Time to be a bit more successful at matchmaking.
To my surprise and without planning, my rotation took on the colors of autumn. I have no idea how that happened but the result is quite pleasing.
Pens in order from top to bottom:
- Pelikan M215, custom cursive italic
- Levenger True Writer, Masuyama stub
- Lamy Safari, custom fine cursive italic
- Levenger True Writer, Masuyama cursive italic
- Namiki Falcon (resin), Soft Fine
- Pilot Elite Socrates pocket pen, Fine
- Levenger True Writer, Fine
- Lamy AL-Star, Oblique Broad
- Lamy Vista, 1.1mm italic
- Lamy AL-Star, custom fine italic
Notes: Montblanc Racing Green has been discontinued and Noodler’s FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire was a limited edition release. Noodler’s #41 Brown is the original formulation – not the one currently available. The Pilot pocket pen was made in 1976 but all of the other pens are current models. The paper is Strathmore Windpower Sketch. It’s a bit toothy for fountain pens but excellent for swabs and doodles.