On my way to my summer handwriting goal, J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen in the Platinum #3776 music nib filled a page of the lovely Clairefontaine notebook. A television in the background provided some of the material. Other words contain letters that need practice. Exercise using a fantastic fountain pen is such sweet fun.
Archive for the ‘Paper’ Category
Visiting a couple of old friends over the weekend, a Canadian Waterman’s 301 Ideal 2A flex nib and Waterman Blue-Black ink, was an excellent reminder that the latest and greatest aren’t necessarily better than my earliest discoveries. My Clairefontaine notebook was impressed with the results as well.
My post on how to take advantage of a Clairefontaine notebook.
My fountain pens have grown annoyed with me. They get filled with colorful inks and then languish in the summer heat for lack of use. Even after winnowing the abused few to only five or six, they get far too little playtime to remain content. In fact since acquiring a laptop, and more recently finding my enthusiasm for writing in a journal on the wane, fountain pens do not get their due.
To shake things up over the summer, I’ve dedicated a lined, Clairefontaine notebook to exercising fountain pens. Nothing special save filling pages with alphabets and nonsense though I intend to explore styles of calligraphy as the days progress. Italics and flexible nibs will get the most time in hand since they need extra practice. First up is a Namiki Falcon SF with Diamine Teal. The Waterman pens are sure to follow.
Do you change your routine during summer beyond modifying your ink wardrobe? How do you keep things fresh in the sweltering heat?
Note: The stone is from the River Jordan and quite accustomed to summer heat. In fact it remains cool no matter what goes on around it. Food for thought.
Inks, paper, pens, and writing…
- A Brief History of Punctuation
- How authors invented the words we use every day
- Writer’s Bloc: 14 Inks to Match Your LAMY Blue-Green AL-Star
- Pens! Paper! Pencils!: Kaweco Ruby Red ink review
- Toucan fountain pen ink is now shipping to the U.S.
- Stillman & Birn sketchbook meets fountain pens
- Elizabeth’s Canvas empowers cancer patients and survivors through the creative process
- Paris Breakfast (a very attractive blog)
- More insane EU interference in the arts with the possible banning of cadmium paints
Favorite photo of the week:
For your reading pleasure…
- Calligraphy Services by Rob Morrison
- From the Pen Cup: Too fine?! The Pilot Metropolitan/Lizard/Fine nib
- The Well-Appointed Desk: Stillman & Birn Paper Sampler and Kickstarter: Qwerkywriter
- The Telegraph: Cancer pill fights disease and gives lifelong protection
- Writer’s Bloc: What is French Ruled Paper?
- 10 Camera Settings You Don’t Use (But Probably Should)
- Five places to avoid using a debit card