Starting Out The New Year With A Clean Sweep2012/01/02
What better way to start the year than with a thorough cleaning. Ten pens got the treatment and are drying, nibs down, in a wad of paper towel. That leaves a mere five for general use and two for testing. Does that sound like a lot? I assure you that is lean for me.
- Parker ’51′ Aero F with Noodler’s Zhivago
- Parker ’51′ Aero Special XF with Noodler’s Black (pen test)
- Sailor 1911 F with Noodler’s Red-Black
- Lamy Vista 1.1 with Iroshizuku shin-ryoku
- Levenger Mink True Writer Masuyama CI with Noodler’s Kiowa Pecan
- Montblanc 220 OB with Rohrer & Klingner Magenta
- Pilot Elite Socrates F Pocket Pen with Diamine Presidential Blue (ink test)
When a fountain pen won’t do, there are four more writing instruments at hand.
- Levenger Starry Night Roller Ball with a black felt tip refill
- Autopoint Mechanical Pencil
- Pentel Pocket Brush Pen with a black cartridge
- OXO Pink Highlighter
Elena sent a couple of Mitsu-Bishi 9800 2B pencils that will get some playtime soon. It’s likely the Levenger Kyoto True Writer Masuyama Stub will get a load of Iroshizuku syo-ro or possibly Private Reserve Ebony Blue in the near future. I love writing with this pen so it never stays clean for long.
That’s my winter rotation. What’s on your desk to start the new year?